PERCAT Workshop: Research Funding - Where do I Start?
- Metallurgy and Materials 2C30
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
Please get in touch with Jennifer Thomson if you have any questions or would like more information.
This workshop is now fully booked. We will be repeating the workshop in March 2020, please look out for further details.
This workshop will give a broad overview of the UK research funding landscape, including an introduction to key funding bodies, the types of grants available and the intellectual and administrative stages involved in preparing a grant application.
Who is this seminar aimed at?
Postdoctoral and early career researchers who wish to apply for independent funding and would like to know how to get started.
What will you learn from this seminar?
- How to find funding opportunities
- Types of funding available
- How to position yourself to make a funding application
- The process of making a funding application
- How funding applications are assessed
- The support available for funding applications within the Colleges