We’ve launched a new Nursing Buddying scheme to provide support to our newly qualified nurses during their first year in employment.
What does being a buddy involve?
The role of a buddy is to provide a friendly face and help the new graduate with the transition from University to employment. There is no formal structure to this scheme and each ‘buddy’ relationship will be different.
Here are some tips on how to make the most of buddying:
- Invite the graduate to meet you for a coffee or lunch
- Show them round your work area and introduce them to your colleagues
- Listen to any problems or concerns they may have and signpost them to people/ services that can help
- Offer them tips and advice about starting out at work
- Where possible, answer any questions they may have or direct them to the relevant person
We are currently trialling this scheme with a few of our graduate nurses. If successful, we hope to roll this out across our nursing programme.
Find out more
For more information, or if you are interested in being a buddy please email: email@example.com