A Journey to Medicine - a conference for Teachers and Career Advisers
- Medical School
- Medical and Dental Sciences
The University of Birmingham Medical School in collaboration with the Universities of Lancaster and Liverpool Medical Schools Council will be running a conference aimed at supporting the professionals who support students to apply to Medicine and other healthcare professions.
The one-day conference will include plenary sessions and workshops to help you find out more about the admissions process (UCAS personal statements, references and interviews), the skills and values required for working in healthcare, work experience and admissions tests.
Workshops will aim to provide professionals with some tools which they can take back and use with their own students to support their development and increase their chances of making a successful application.
The conference will provide you with:
- Information and guidance about every stage of the medical school admissions process (including interviews and tests) giving you a unique insight;
- Advice and useful resources to help you support your students to fulfil their aspirations and progress through the application process;
- Q & A panel with experts from a variety of Universities to ensure your questions are answered;
- Interactive workshops to help you: explore the values and attributes required by medical students and doctors: to find out about how Universities are supporting diversity in medicine; support your students in their preparation for admissions tests and interviews;
- Information stands and members of staff from a wide variety of Universities and other agencies (e.g. admission tests) will be available to answer your questions.
Registration is free, and includes lunch and refreshments.
To book your free place go to: