UoB Big Sleuth: Teddy Bear Hospital
- Birmingham (various locations)
- Medical and Dental Sciences
This summer, the College of Medical and Dental Sciences will be home to a Big Sleuth bear in support of the Birmingham Children’s Hospital Charity! Professor Bee Kind is a bear-illiant academic who is enthusiastic about research and teaching. Professor Bee Kind and his colleagues are teaching the next generation to save lives and make medical breakthroughs, as well as care for the health of our community.
Professor Bee Kind would like to invite you and your little cubs this summer to the Teddy Bear Hospital at the Medical School, for a series of free, interactive activities where children can expand their awareness of healthy living and medicine.
The various stations allow children to learn through play and include:
- Healthy eating station - discover what food means for our health and how you can grow up big and strong
- Doctor's kit station - delve into a doctors toolbox and learn what they use to save lives
- Bear surgery station - help us treat our big bear patient, from the inside out, as a surgeon
- Dental hygiene station - find out how to brush their teeth properly using out huge model teeth
These are free events, there's no need to register. If you'd like more information, such as location and how best to get to the Medical School, we'll send you an email closer to the date when you supply your details.