CV writing and interview skills
- Nicolson Building (G11 on the University of Birmingham map)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences
The focus on this one day workshop is on practice, discussion and personal reflection, including:
- Developing the structure and format of a CV
- Identifying your key achievements
- Communicating key skills and attributes
- Using the job description and person specification to prepare for the interview
- Creating specific responses to behavioural questions
- Understanding the impact of verbal and non-verbal communication.
What will you be able to do after the course
You will be able to apply your learning to better develop your CV so that it highlights your key skills, attributes and achievements. You will also be able to identify the ways in which you can prepare for interview by considering your body language, motivation and response to questions.
So what's distinctive?
Hands on practical help to ensure you project yourself at your best both in writing and in person in a recruitment situation. This course also involves group role-play, allowing you a great opportunity to practice and hone your interview skills.
The session will be delivered by Paul Compton (People and Organisational Development Facilitator).