The College of Social Sciences brings together over 450 academics (including approximately 90 professors and 90 research staff), supported by over 360 professional services staff across a range of disciplines and interdisciplinary fields. Around 25% of our staff are international and combined with over 42,500 global alumni representing over 185 countries, our work impacts all areas of society grounded in the key disciplines of business, economics, education, government and society, and social policy.
Our research makes a real difference and our teaching ensures the next generation of social scientists will continue to transform their knowledge into policies and practices for individuals, organisations and governments alike in the UK and internationally.
Our work is interdisciplinary, reflecting real-world challenges faced by communities, organisations and governments. Our research remains as relevant and important now as when the College was first established.
The College provides:
- Access to high-quality social science research and world-leading academics
- Research partnerships, expertise and research capacity, generating considerable research investment and ensuring all our activities are relevant to current practice
- A diverse range of successful taught undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- A range of postgraduate research and doctoral opportunities
- Knowledge transfer into business, government and society
- Continuing professional, management and executive development programmes
Learn more about our Schools: