The Impact Acceleration Account has been awarded to the University of Birmingham by the Economic and Social Research Council in order to fund knowledge exchange and impact from 2019 - 2023. The Impact Acceleration Account (IAA@UoB) is a flexible and dynamic fund designed to energise the local social science community to deliver timely impact initiatives, which build upon excellent research and engage non-academic users in generating positive change.
The IAA@UoB will support the following key areas:
- Building relationships and networks with potential users of research to facilitate co-production of knowledge and maximise impact
- Movement and secondment of people between Research Organisations and user stakeholders
- Support for researchers to build networks with potential users of the products of their research, and further work to establish ‘proof of concept’ for their innovations
- Drive culture change in Research Organisations to promote knowledge exchange and improve related skill sets and capabilities
- Improve engagement with the public sector, civil society, industry and publics.
To be added to the ESRC IAA@UoB mailing list and be the first to find out about new opportunities, please send an email.
More information on the schemes and how to apply:
Along with the support you get from our team, there are also other teams within the University that are able to help you with your social science related impact.
Public Engagement with Research Team
Stakeholder Engagement Team