Build Your Own James Bond Film
- Dirty Martini - 7 Bennetts Hill - B2 5ST
Why has the James Bond franchise retained its popularity for so long? This event will look at how the films have maintained their relevance in relation to gender politics, geopolitics and popular culture.
This event will host a panel discussion about the popular James Bond franchise, with contributions from consumer research/marketing, sociology and geopolitical experts. A panel discussion hosted by Professor Finola Kerrigan will be held alongside clips from the Bond films to illustrate key points. The panel will consist of:
- Dr Chloe Preece, Senior Lecturer in Marketing, Royal Holloway University of London
- Dr Daragh O’Reilly, previously a Senior Lecturer at the University of Sheffield
- Dr Shelley Budgeon, Senior Lecturer in Sociology, University of Birmingham
- Julie Whiteman, Doctoral Researcher in Sociology, University of Birmingham
The discussion will be followed by a build-your-own Bond film exercise, where attendees will be encouraged to create potential storylines based on the topics highlighted within the movies.