USE-IT: Unlocking Social and Economic Innovation Together!
- Floor 1 Meeting Room Suite The Library of Birmingham 6 Centenary Square Birmingham B1 2EP
Find out about the USE-IT! Project, which is empowering local people to get involved in the regeneration and development of their neighbourhoods through community research.
Hosted by Dr Peter Lee
This event will feature an exhibition and a series of activities showcasing some of the most fundamental issues affecting the future of our cities.
• See a diversity of community research projects that we have been carrying out in Birmingham and Sandwell that are changing our urban futures
• Hear from our community researchers about the power and value of community research and co-designing research that is impacting policy
• Learn about how a community research social enterprise can address pressing social issues such as delivery of the 2022 Commonwealth Games, tackling childhood obesity and the Windrush scandal
• For residents of the city and wider region: find out how to become a community researcher and contribute to growing the opportunity to develop a co-designed future city
• For policymakers and commissioners of research: learn about the transformative potential of our community research model and the future of ‘affordable research’ to support sustainable and resilient city development
Please help us by registering but do feel free to pop in on the day and join local residents and University of Birmingham academics to develop ideas to address some of the most fundamental issues affecting the future of our cities.
Venue has changed from previous materials