The Future Business District in a Changing City Centre
- The Exchange: 3 Centenary Square Birmingham B1 2DR
- Wednesday 17 November 2021 (19:00-20:30)
Hosted in the centre of the Birmingham’s Business District and led by Johannes Read, this interactive panel discussion will disseminate findings from the Future Business District study by the University of Birmingham’s City Region Economic and Development Institute (City-REDI).
This event will take place live at The Exchange, The Assembly Room, Centenary Square, Birmingham City Centre. It will also be live streamed on the University of Birmingham Facebook page.
City REDI will lead a panel of experts to answer these questions:
- What is the future of the office and what could be the implications for hybrid working?
- What are the environmental consequences of office based working and commuting into urban centres?
- How can we work greener and in turn create more environmentally friendly urban environments?
- How can cities develop a more integrated and sustainable transport offer?
- How can cities transition to greater cultural and experiential activity in centres?
- Salla Virman – Senior Policy Officer for Culture, West Midlands Combined Authority
- Beth McArdle – Partner, Shoosmiths
- Alicia Souter – Project Manager, Night Time Economy Solutions
- Alan Bain - Projects Director, Mott MacDonald
This event is part of the ESRC Festival of Social Sciences. Spanning the month of November a range of interactive virtual and physical events will be free and open to the public - find out more about our other events as we discuss Our Changing World!