Sport for a new generation
- Online and in-person (University of Birmingham Conference Centre)
- Tuesday 16 November 2021 (17:30-19:00)
Join our academics, alongside industry experts as we host our event, sport for a new generation. Looking at sport through a Social Science lens, a wide spectrum of topics around the theme of sport will be covered.
Attendees can expect to hear expert commentary on character and value in sport, inclusion and empowering coaching, as well as the business side of sport referring to fan ownership on football. The varied speakers joining us will ensure that this event is a thought provoking and insightful evening, with the opportunity to put questions to the panel.
Our academic speakers include:
- Aidan Thompson, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Jubilee Centre
- Professor Ian Thomson, Director, Lloyds Banking Group Centre for Responsible Business
- Professor Joan Duda, Sport and Exercise Psychology
External Speakers include:
- Hannah Lawton, Sports Recovery Manager, Help for Heroes
Final speakers TBC
This event is part of the ESRC Festival of Social Sciences. Spanning the month of November a range of interactive virtual and physical events will be free and open to the public - find out more about our other events as we discuss Our Changing World!