Birmingham Strikes Back
- The Bramall - University of Birmingham - B15 2TT
- Wednesday 6 November 2019 (18:00-20:00)
Please note that this event has now sold out.
The event will be streamed live on the University of Birmingham Facebook Page. Click here to view the Facebook Page.
"In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way."
Hosted by Professor Paul Jackson
For one night only, the University of Birmingham will be taking a journey across the galaxy to bring you an intergalactic experience. With live music and a series of talks from academics across the University, this event will bring to light new areas of Star Wars never explored before. From what we can learn about political resistance and overthrowing the Empire to how it is possible for planets to orbit more than one sun, join us for an evening of science, politics and entertainment.
There will be something for everyone - from a brass band to topical discussions - we will bring together like-minded individuals with an appreciation for the Star Wars series. We hope to enlighten those who may have fallen to the dark side, and show how we can still learn from the iconic franchise which has inspired generations.
May the force be with you.
Speakers at this event include:
- Professor Scott Lucas, Professor of American Studies
- Dr Amaury Triaud, School of Physics and Astronomy
- Dr Luisa Orsini, Senior Lecturer in Biosystems and Climate Change
- Professor Finola Kerrigan, Professor in Marketing and Consumption
The Future of Society Festival - What's On?