Extensive financial information is contained in our Annual Accounts which are published each year. The Annual Accounts from the year 2000/01 to 2011/12 are available to download.
The Annual Accounts include the following:
Responsibilities of the Council
Report of the Auditor
Statement of Principal Accounting Policies and Estimation Techniques
Consolidated Income and Expenditure Account
Consolidated Cash Flow Statement
Consolidated Statement of Total Recognised Gains and Losses
Notes to the Accounts
Five-Year Summary Accounts
- Information about sources of funding and income is set out in the Annual Accounts.
- Our investment strategy is determined by the Investment Sub-Committee and a summary of the investment strategy is included within the Annual Accounts.
- Key financial governance policies:
- Information about staff pay and benefits, including salary scales, can be found on our Intranet.
- The median salary (based on full-time equivalent salaries) is £30,424.
- The “pay multiple” (i.e. the ratio between the highest salary and the median salary) is 10.61.
Information about the emoluments of the Vice-Chancellor and senior staff is included in the Annual Accounts. The table showing the numbers of members of staff whose remuneration exceeds £100,000 includes remuneration made on behalf of the NHS in respect of its contractual obligations to University staff under separate NHS contracts of employment; by way of illustration, in 2011-12 70 of those members of staff whose remuneration exceeded £100,000 were NHS employees.
Suppliers with whom at least £25,000 worth of business has been placed in 2011-12 are listed in this Supplier Report (PDF - 136KB).
Note: This report has been edited in accordance with exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000.