You can use the Zoom Whiteboards facility, either in your main meeting or in breakout groups.
If you are in a breakout group, one person should be assigned to be the white board lead. They will share their white board with the group, perform the task under the direction of the group, save the whiteboard to their own computer and share it to all in the plenary session.
Sharing a whiteboard.
1. Click the up arrow next to the share button and tick ‘multiple participants can share’. This will allow all in the meeting or breakout room to annotate the white board.
2. Click the green Share Screen button.
3. Click Whiteboard.
4. Click Share.
5. The annotation tools will appear automatically. If you don't see the annotation tools, click the Annotate icon (a little pencil).
You will see the annotation tools bar.
Note: The Select, Spotlight, and Save options are only available to the person who started the shared screen or whiteboard.
- Mouse: deactivate annotation tools and switch to your mouse pointer. This button is blue if annotation tools are deactivated.
- Select: select, move, or resize your annotations. To select several annotations at once, click and drag your mouse across the whiteboard to display a selection area.
- Text: insert text.
- Draw: insert lines, arrows, and shapes.
Tip: to highlight an area of the shared screen or whiteboard, select the shaded square or circle icon and insert a semi-transparent square or circle.
- Stamp: insert predefined icons like a tick or star.
- Spotlight / Arrow: turn your cursor into a spotlight or arrow.
o Spotlight: displays your mouse pointer to all participants when your mouse is within the area being shared. Use this to point out parts of the screen to other participants.
o Arrow: displays a small arrow instead of your mouse pointer. Click to insert an arrow that displays your name. Each subsequent click will remove the previous arrow placed. You can use this feature to point out your annotations to other participants.
- Eraser: click and drag to erase parts of your annotation.
- Format: change the formatting options of annotations tools like colour, line width, and font.
- Undo: undo your latest annotation.
- Redo: redo your latest annotation that you undid.
- Clear: delete all annotations.
- Save (only available if you started the shared screen or whiteboard): save all annotations on the screen as a screenshot.
The screenshot is saved to your computer as a png image which you can share with the whole group later.
The standard location for the image is: This PC >Documents >Zoom >2020-07-16 >whiteboard-0-1.png