Academic Development Programme
Phase 1: Developing Excellence in Education
HEFi support for Phase 1 is focussed on helping you to successfully deliver effective and high-quality education to a variety of learners using a blended approach and innovative approaches to digital resources.
In particular it will help you to reflect on and evidence some or all of the following:
- An ability to develop inclusive teaching designed to engage all students in academically challenging research-intensive learning;
- Contributing a reflective approach to teaching effectiveness drawing on professional and clinical practice where appropriate, including engaging with feedback and student voice;
- Contributing to the design of contemporary, inclusive, engaging and academically challenging module/curriculum content, including internationalisation of the curriculum;
- Using digital resources/environments effectively to support and/or deliver teaching;
- Actively promoting and valuing equality and diversity, acting as a role model and fostering an inclusive learning culture;
- Contributing to enhancement and/or innovation in the design and delivery of programmes;
- Providing effective feedback on learning and assessments;
- Providing effective support for students.
Phase 1 - Mandatory Training
Introduction to Teaching and Supporting Learning.
The Open Classroom.
Becoming a Reflective Academic (in collaboration with POD)
Qualifying CPD Credits (Optional)
Digital Skills Workshops.