Canvas is the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) here at Birmingham, and you will use it throughout your studies to access learning resources, academic information, and more.
Canvas is similar to other VLEs that you may have used before, such as Moodle or Blackboard. It will be your main source of academic information throughout your time as a student here. You will use it throughout your time with us, on almost every module. You can use Canvas to:
- Access your course materials online 24/7
- Submit your assignments
- Access grades and feedback
- Find lecture recordings and notes
- Access Zoom meetings for live teaching sessions and online weeklygroup tutorials
- Access multimedia content and resources for learning outside of your lectures
- To discuss and share ideas with coursemates and tutors
You will also use Canvas to access a range of other courses, such as the Digital Skills courses from the Academic Skills Centre, and English Language support from the Birmingham International Academy.
Help with Canvas
You can view our Canvas tutorial to help you understand how to use it, or access 24/7 Canvas support if you have any problems.
If you have any problems with your username or password, you will need to contact the IT Service Desk.
Find out more about your student username and password, and logging into University services.
IT for new students