If you are travelling to the UK to start your studies, there are some essential things you should bring in your hand luggage:
- Your passport, including the vignette (visa sticker) for your arrival (if applicable)
- A printed copy of your visa decision letter
- A printed copy of your University offer letter and CAS
- A printed copy of information about your accommodation, which covers the duration of your stay
- A printed copy of information about the finances available to you in the UK
- A printed copy of your Tuberculosis (TB) certificate, if applicable
You may want to keep copies of these documents on your phone too, as a backup. Make sure they are protected by a password or PIN so only you can access them. Printed copies are important in case anything happens to your phone/laptop.
If you need to bring prescribed medication with you, bring a translated copy of the doctor's note with you.
You should also think about bringing some emergency items in case your check-in luggage is delayed or lost, such as a change of clothes, a toothbrush, a battery pack, and small toiletries.