Confidentiality and information about students' progress

You may be used to receiving information about your son or daughter's progress at college or sixth form. We welcome students to the University as adults, and the Data Protection Act prevents us from sharing information about students with you or other third parties.

Therefore, although staff will be happy to provide you with general information, any specific information about your son or daughter (including how they are progressing) can only be given to them.

Serious concerns

If you have a serious concern about your son or daughter's wellbeing, please contact Security in the first instance. Please note that University staff will not usually be able to inform you of the outcome of their investigation, but they may be able to encourage your son or daughter to contact you. 

The University has a full range of specialist student services. Use the issue-based student support website to find out what's available to help your son or daughter. 

  • Feedback and suggestions
    We'd love to know if this page was helpful to you.
  • Was this page useful?