The Futures of Legal Education and the Legal Profession 2013 CEPLER Conference
- 48 Edgbaston Park Road, Birmingham B15 2RA, Lucas House (University of Birmingham Conference Park)
- Arts and Law, Research, Vice Chancellor
The Centre for Professional Legal Education and Research, in partnership with No5 Chambers, presents its annual conference. This year's event features a programme of esteemed speakers and participants from the legal profession and the field of legal education who will share their expert views on the transformation and challenges ahead.
The opening plenary, presented by Professor Hilary Sommerlad, CEPLER Director of Research, will provide an overview of current research and set the scene for the two distinct paper streams: Legal Education and the Legal Profession.
The Future of Legal Education:
Session One:Transforming Legal Education: Meeting the Needs of a Changing Profession?
Session Two:Law Degrees and Law Students: At Home and Abroad
Session Three: Conversation with Professor Andrew Sanders-How Should the Legal Education and Training Review Change Legal Education Over the Next Ten Years?
- Simon Thornton-Wood, Bar Standards Board
- Julie Brannan, Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Stephen Mayson, Legal Services Institute
- Dr Julian Lonbay, Birmingham Law School
The Future of the Legal Profession
Session One:Fragmentation, Globalisation and Change: the Law Firm in Transition
Session Two: The Changing Courtroom
Session Three: Conversation with Professor Richard Young - Can Research Help Shape the Future of the Legal Profession?
The pinnacle of the day, we are delighted to welcome as keynote speaker Professor Richard Abel, Connell Distinguished Professor of Law Emeritus and Distinguished Research Professor, UCLA.
The event carries 6 CPD points.
- Academics and Practitioners - £59 until 16th September (£69 thereafter)
- Students - £49 until 16th September (£59 thereafter)