The Department of English Language and Applied Linguistics offers courses in Professional Communication and Teacher Training.
Courses are developed and taught by researchers and teaching staff with expertise in the following areas:
- Applied Linguistics
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- English for Academic Purposes
- Professional Communication
Examples of current and past courses include:
- A short course in Advanced English and TEFL for Japanese Secondary School teachers
- A short course in English for Academic Purposes and Teaching Methods for academics from the China University of Mining and Technology
Courses in development
- Short course in English Language Teacher Training aimed at students interested in a practical course in teaching methods
- We also offer modules in TEFL, English for Academic Purposes and Professional Communication on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Courses are both practical and research-led, drawing on research carried out by recognised researchers in the department, who also supervise PhDs in these areas.
For more information, contact Dr Suganthi John.