Access to Justice in an Age of Austerity: CEPLER conference
- 58 Edgbaston Park Road, G12 on the campus map, Winterbourne House and Garden
- Arts and Law, Research
The University of Birmingham, in partnership with No5 Chambers and Mills & Reeve LLP, launch the first CEPLER event.
A major new initiative from Birmingham Law School, CEPLER aims to foster greater collaboration with the professional legal community to increase vocational opportunities for our students and develop a research agenda that is meaningful and relevant to legal practitioners.
The conference includes two plenary sessions:
- Judicial Proposals for the Modernisation of the Family Justice System, presented by The Honourable Mr Justice Ryder
- Legal Aid Reforms, presented by Lord Bach of Lutterworth
Followed by the choice of three specialist Panel Sessions:
- Public Interest Litigation (featuring Richard Buxton, Ian Dove QC, Roger Smith and Prof. John Flood)
- Civil Litigation and the Jackson Reforms (featuring Robert Khan, Colin Ettinger and Dr. Claire McIvor)
- The Future of Family Justice (featuring Jo Miles, Stephen Abberley and Lisa Parkinson)