Between January 2014 and January 2016, I was the Student Representative for the Royal Musical Association (RMA), and acted as chair of the RMA Student Committee from January 2015. I was co-editor of the RMA Student Blog.
I have been on the programme committee, or been involved in the organisation of the following conferences and study days: North-West Postgraduate Music Exchange Conference, Bangor University, 16 March 2013; Royal Musical Association’s Research Students’ Conference, University of Birmingham, 6–8 January 2014; ‘The State We’re In: Directions In Researching Post-1900 British Music’, University of Surrey, 16–17 April 2015; ‘Music and Mobilities’, A Joint Study Day of the Royal Musical Association and the British Forum for Ethnomusicology, University of Oxford, 15 May 2015; BFE/RMA Research Students’ Conference, Bangor University, 6–8 January 2016.
- Royal Musical Association Small Research Grant, £170, 2016.
- University of Birmingham, College of Arts & Law Graduate School PG Research Support Fund, £195, 2015.
- Musica Britannica, Louise Dyer Award, £100, 2015.
- AHRC BGP Doctoral Award, maintenance grant starting at £13,726 per annum, and fees of £3900 per annum, 2013-16.
- University of Birmingham, College of Arts and Law Fees Scholarship (Research Preparation Masters), £4950, 2012-13.
- University of Sheffield, Thomas Beecham Scholarship (for highest overall marks in academic year), £750, 2010.