I'm from a corporate/employer: How can I get involved?
Looking to diversify your workforce, develop industry-specific research or put your CSR strategy into action? Many corporate organisations and businesses are working with the University to achieve their ambitions – often aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Across the University, our Development and Alumni Relations Office (DARO), Outreach team, Careers Network, scholarship experts, Business Engagement team and expert researchers are ready to put their sector-specific knowledge to work to deliver against our mutual aims.
Attracting and developing new talent through supporting students
- DeepMind, Goldman Sachs, Gowling WLG and Northrop Grumman are creating scholarships to help diversify their workforce talent
- The Lloyds Banking Group has transformed more than 100 lives since 2013 through the Lloyds Scholars programme, providing financial support for students and practical workplace learning
- Martin-Baker Aircraft is supporting young people from underrepresented groups to study STEM subjects on the innovative 'EPS Futures Foundation Year', and will offer them mentorship and work placement opportunities
Tackling society’s biggest challenges through strategic corporate philanthropy
- CARE Fertility are supporting the internationally recognised global maternal health research at the University, by helping to develop the capability of the next generation of trainees in infertility and assisted conception
- HSBC UK have joined forces with the University and Birmingham Children’s Hospital to take action on childhood bullying, a preventable root cause of mental ill health, and have also launched a four year partnership with the University’s Energy Institute to accelerate Britain's transition to net zero
Employee engagement and volunteering
- Bring in new thinking and develop your talent pool by offering an internships or work placements to students
- Encourage staff to broaden their experience by becoming a mentor or be reversed mentored by our students through our Transformation West Midlands Programme
- Inspire others to follow your career path by sharing your experience with students through talks and presentations
For an initial conversation about how your vision and our capabilities might align, get in touch.
See how you could take action
Read our Data Protection Policy