Applicants who have completed secondary schooling or degree within the UAE
All applicants for admission who have completed either a degree in the UAE or the Thanaweya Al-Amma must get their certificates attested by the UAE Ministry of Education.
Applicants from all other curriculum, who have completed their high school from UAE, are required to obtain equivalency of their high school qualifications from the UAE Ministry of Education.
You can do this directly on the Ministry of Education website.
In these circumstances, applicants will be provisionally admitted to the University and permitted to commence the first semester of study, subject to you obtaining the required attestation/equivalency before the end of the first semester.
If you already hold attested certificates when you accept your offer these should be uploaded to your applicant portal using the document type
If you attestation is received after you have commenced your studies the certificates are to be provided via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within the first semester of your course.
Applicant completed secondary schooling or degree oustide of the UAE
You must have your degree or secondary school records and certificates of completion certified by:
- The issuing University or the issuing Board of Secondary Education OR a recognised authority for secondary education in the country where you completed your education.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the host country
- The UAE Embassy in that host country OR the Embassy of the host country in UAE must attest the authenticity of the documents and attestations and the UAE ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Additionally, the UAE Ministry of Education must issue an Equivalency Certificate. Applicants must have a valid UAE residency visa when applying for an Equivalency Certificate - apply here.
- In special cases where complying with conditions (2) and (3) are not feasible, the certificates may be verified against originals by Embassies in the UAE and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- In these circumstances, you will be provisionally admitted to the University and permitted to commence the first semester of study.
- If you are unable to secure the attestations as outlined above you will be asked to provide a written agreement to secure the equivalency. You will be permitted to commence your studies and will be given a maximum of one semester to obtain the equivalence certificate(s). The University reserves the right to take appropriate action against any applicant who cannot secure the appropriate documentation in this time, which may result in the termination of the student’s enrolment.
- Your attested certificates are to be provided by email to email@example.com
Applicants can download the following FAQs for further support and guidance.
If you are a future prospective student with questions about what this process means for you, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org