Our curriculum has been designed to give you a thorough education in the fundamentals of computer science in the first two years, whilst allowing you to go deeper into specialist artificial intelligence related subjects in your final year.
From a scientific viewpoint, artificial intelligence is a multidisciplinary field that connects with computing, psychology, neuroscience, philosophy, mathematics and linguistics. As a result, this degree programme will give you the computing skills to enter industry, while also allowing you to acquire scientific skills in order to pursue research. Our wide range of modules allow you to delve deeper into the areas of AI that interest you most and that will set you up for your future career, from Machine Learning and Computer Vision to Complex Adaptive Systems.
We know how competitive the graduate job market can be, that’s why you also learn computer programming in Java – a language widely used in business and industry that will ensure you stand out in future applications. Our graduates are highly sought after by leading industry players, and the range of job opportunities available to you are infinite. You could become anything from a Software Engineer, Artificial Intelligence Developer, Robotics Engineer, Financial Computing Analyst, Applications Developer, or inspire the next generation of computer scientists academically. Graduate salaries are highly competitive, and there are a wealth of opportunities available to our graduates.
Industry come to us to actively seek out and recruit the best graduates for their roles and we have strong links with global companies such as Goldman Sachs, BAE Systems, PwC, IMB, Google, Expedia, Rolls-Royce, Morgan Stanley and Vodafone.
Computer scientists work over a wide range of disciplines - they design and create search engines, social networking applications, software applications used in the financial world to map customer profiles and expose credit card fraud, and applications used in the medical sector to identify cancers through the analysis of medical images.
Why study Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science at Birmingham Dubai?
- Global recognition - We offer the same world-class education as in our UK campus by delivering the same high quality curriculum and meticulously similar quality assurance processes.
- International reputation - The School of Computer Science is a truly international place, and our academics specialise in subjects including artificial intelligence and cyber security, which the modern world is built upon. You will be obtaining a first-class education in real-world issues, and will become the person that can develop and lead society and our future.
- Flexibility - In your third year you will be able to tailor your studies to the topics that you are most interested in by choosing from a wide range of optional modules.
- Excellent career prospects - The broad range of skills you will gain mean you could choose to work in technology consultancy, IT, investment and banking, software development, finance, or join on of the many emerging start-up companies.
- Exchange opportunities - You can choose to spend your second year studying at our picturesque campus in Birmingham, UK (subject to academic attainment).
- Connections across the world - You will become part of our global community of computer science students across the world meaning you will be connected wherever you go in the world.
Meet our academics
Our Computer Science academics are highly qualified and based in Dubai.
See their profiles