BSc Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science is accredited by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education
Our curriculum has been designed to give you a thorough education in the fundamentals of computer science in the first two years, whilst allowing you to go deeper into specialist artificial intelligence related subjects in your final year. Teaching is joint between academics on our Dubai campus, and our Edgbaston Campus. You will also have the opportunity to interact and work alongside students in our Edgbaston campus in the UK whilst you study at our Dubai campus.
To enrich your learning experience on our programmes, our teaching is delivered jointly by staff from both our campuses (Dubai and the UK), by utilising modern digital technology. Typically, for each module, the teaching team consists of colleagues across the campuses with at least one member based in the Dubai campus. You will receive the same high-quality teaching materials (lecture slides and notes, for example) and rigorous assessments (assignments and exams, for example) as our UK campus. You will also have the opportunity to interact with staff & students across both campuses to support and enhance your learning experience. Furthermore, there is also the opportunity to conduct projects under the supervision of staff from either of our campuses which significantly boosts the pool of project topics accessible to our students.
From a scientific viewpoint, artificial intelligence is a multidisciplinary field that connects computing, psychology, neuroscience, philosophy, mathematics and linguistics. Using state-of-the-art facilities on our new, technology enhanced 'smart' campus, this degree programme will give you the computing skills to enter industry, while also allowing you to acquire scientific skills in order to pursue research. Our wide range of modules mean you can focus on areas of AI that interest you most and that will set you up for your future career.
We know how competitive the graduate job market can be, that’s why you also learn computer programming in Java – a language widely used in business and industry that will ensure you stand out in future applications. Our graduates are highly sought after by leading industry players, and the range of job opportunities available to you are infinite. You could become anything from a Software Engineer, Artificial Intelligence Developer, Robotics Engineer, Financial Computing Analyst, Applications Developer, or inspire the next generation of computer scientists academically. Graduate salaries are highly competitive.
Industry representatives come to us to actively seek out and recruit the best graduates for their roles and we have strong links with global companies such as Goldman Sachs, BAE Systems, PwC, IMB, Google, Expedia, Rolls-Royce, Morgan Stanley and Vodafone.
Computer scientists work over a wide range of disciplines - they design and create search engines, social networking applications, software applications used in the financial world to map customer profiles and expose credit card fraud, and applications used in the medical sector to identify cancers through the analysis of medical images.
Why study Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science at Birmingham Dubai?
- Global reputation for educational excellence – The School of Computer Science is a truly international place, and our world-leading academics specialise in areas relevant to modern-day issues. We offer the same first-class education as in our UK campus, by delivering the same high-quality curriculum and you will graduate with a degree from a global top 100 university.
- Research-led teaching - Our research feeds directly into your teaching ensuring your programme includes the latest developments in Computer Science, such as Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Cyber Security.
- Three year programme - We are the only British institution in Dubai offering a three year UAE Ministry of Education accredited Computer Science programme.
- Flexibility - In your third year, you will be able to tailor your studies to the topics that you are most interested in, by choosing from a range of optional modules.
- State-of-the-art facilities - You will study in purpose-built facilities in our modern campus, fitted out with a range of advanced equipment and computer science software on our brand new, technology enhanced 'smart campus'.
- Exceptional learning environment - We have a real sense of community, with staff that are approachable and nurturing, which provides a collaborative and supportive learning environment for students. There is an excellent student to teacher ratio and multiple channels of support are available to students, via both physical and digital means.
- Careers service and industry connections - You will have access to our expert careers support and a wide range of services to help you on your path towards employment. We also have strong industrial links with corporations such as Goldman Sachs, BAE Systems and PwC, which provide beneficial opportunities for our students, such as careers fairs, industrial guest lectures and potential placements or work experience options.
- Exchange opportunities - You can choose to spend your second year studying at our picturesque campus in Birmingham, UK (subject to academic attainment).
- Scholarship opportunities - As a University of Birmingham student, a range of scholarship awards will be open to you.
Meet our academics
Our Computer Science academics are highly qualified and based in Dubai.
See their profiles