This programme is accredited by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education
Business never stands still. It constantly evolves and adapts to the world in which it operates. The BSc Business Management degree with Integrated Foundation Year is an intellectually rigorous programme that offers a blend of academic expertise and practical knowledge that will provide you with the key employability skills suitable for new and challenging contexts.
Why study this course?
Choosing to study in Dubai opens you up to a multi-cultural community, which will prove invaluable in a global business world.
Business Management provides an in-depth knowledge of current business operations and activities while also providing effective analytical, critical and communication skills that are transferrable to a range of careers, from banking and finance to management consulting or entrepreneurship.
- Get in-depth knowledge of a broad range of current business operations and activities that will prepare you to run your own business or apply your skills in a variety of careers.
- Gain a rigorous academic experience developed with input from industry – we have links with top global employers such as HSBC, IBM and Dell to ensure you get the skills employers are looking for.
- Choose from a wide range of modules to get practical skills relevant to modern business – such as Business Strategies in Emerging Countries, Managing Financial Resources and Responsible Business.
- Gain an industry respected Russell Group university education – Birmingham was a founder member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities.
- Study in one of five business schools to achieve Triple-Crown Accreditation – only 1% of global business schools are accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB
Your BSc Business Management programme
Given the fact that business is conducted today in a global environment and that it is necessary to be able to interact with other markets and cultures, an international underpinning is to be found in most modules. In addition, an appreciation of other contemporary issues such as digital marketing, international entrepreneurship and management strategy is found throughout our business management course, which will also endeavor to impart a sense of corporate social responsibility.
Year one is an introductory year and introduces the key themes of the programme, e.g. marketing, organisational behaviour, accounting and finance. At the end of this year, from June to September, you will undertake a work placement in Dubai for 3.5 months, which will be assessed via reflective assignments.
In year two we adopt a generalist approach although modules begin to become more focused and specialised. At the end of the study period, from June to September, you can undertake a work placement in the UK for 3.5 months that is assessed via a mini dissertation.
Year three of the course features modules that are increasingly focused. The year is underpinned by a compulsory dissertation which will allow you to investigate an area of personal interest in more depth.