This programme is accredited by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education
The Money, Banking and Finance degree will give you an overall understanding of the global financial market and open up exciting opportunities for an engaging career. More and more organisations are looking for graduates with diverse skill sets, who have in-depth knowledge of economics and the world of corporate finance, so you will be in immediate demand once you graduate.
Why study this course?
Studying in Dubai puts you in a unique position to witness first-hand the challenges facing the region, from studying Islamic finance and the improvements to financial inclusion. We will also look to the future and how FinTech and RegTech are providing financial security checks in the MINA region through AI technology.
This programme will provide the skills that will open a diverse range of opportunities in the economic and financial worlds, depending on what interests you as a career.
- You will study with the Triple-Crown accredited Birmingham Business School, gaining the same globally respected qualification as on the UK campus without having to leave Dubai
- You will study in a region where some of the largest financial institutions are based and which will provide content for the programme
- You will be part of a dual community on the campus and will engage with students in debates and discussions from the economic and financial departments
- You will benefit from local expertise with guest lecturers sharing insights into Islamic and Sokuk banking, as a specialist part of the programme
- Mentoring is a strong aspect of the economic and finance community, and our small cohort means you have access to experts in a diverse range of fields personally aligned to your individual aspirations that will continue throughout your career
Your programme of study
The course is designed to allow maximum flexibility whilst ensuring that you study a core of subjects to satisfy a wide range of employers during your career. You will take compulsory modules in Economics, Accounting, Banking, Finance, Law and Quantitative Techniques. During your final year you will also write an extended essay which allows in-depth study of a topic of special interest to you.
Up to 10% of the cohort of students (with a max. of 10 students) will have the opportunity to undertake the second year of our Money, Banking and Finance course in Birmingham. In order to be eligible for this opportunity, students will need to have achieved a weighted mean mark of 60% in their first year and will need to establish their right to study in the UK (via a visa if necessary). When in Birmingham, students will follow the course requirements of the Birmingham-based version of the Money, Banking and Finance course, as they will be temporarily transferred to that programme.
Global Innovators Award 2021/22
This prestigious award, open to all business students in Dubai, offers a cash prize and the opportunity to be mentored by successful alumni in the world of business.
Find out more and register your interest.
Find out more
Get more information about this course and others available in Birmingham Business School at our Dubai campus.
Download the brochure (PDF)