MSF: Innovation in the face of adversity
- University of Birmingham Medical School
- Medical and Dental Sciences, Students
Friends of MSF Birmingham and Nottingham would like to invite you to a free humanitarian medical aid conference hosted at the University of Birmingham Medical School.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF- known in English as Doctors without Borders) is an international, independent, humanitarian organisation that provides emergency medical aid to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics and natural disasters.
Friends of MSF is a nationwide network of student societies affiliated with MSF. We campaign, fundraise and raise awareness about the life-saving work of MSF, as well as global health and crises around the world.
On Sunday 24th February 2019, Friends of MSF Birmingham and Nottingham are holding a free-to-attend conference titled ‘MSF: Innovation in the Face of Adversity’. This will be a good opportunity for sixth from students to learn about some of the unique opportunities available and the many different career paths which can lead to working on the front line in some of the world’s most severe health crises. This will be especially relevant if you are considering a career in medicine, nursing, midwifery or international relations, however, many other roles are often in short supply such as engineers, languages and communications officers and logisticians. A certificate of attendance will also be awarded for personal records.
What can you expect?
- Fascinating talks from a variety of people working with MSF or involved in international medical aid
- Unique ethics workshops where you will get the opportunity to explore the challenges posed to international aid workers and discuss the variety of activities undertaken by MSF workers
- The chance to ask your questions to an expert panel, meet inspirational people and listen to those who have worked in challenging environments globally
More information and updates can be found on the facebook event found by searching ‘MSF: Innovation in the face of adversity’ or at: https://www.facebook.com/events/380252302551607/.
If attending please fill out short details form (it will take 1 min), which can be found online at this address (link also on facebook event page): https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5FX8S9T.