Physics Residential Summer School for Year 12 Students
- Birmingham B15 2TT, Edgbaston, University of Birmingham
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Students
Successful and popular residential Summer Schools have taken place in the School of Physics and Astronomy since July 2004. They are designed to give year 12 students studying Physics and Mathematics a taste of lectures, problem solving classes, laboratory work and the experience of an overnight stay and a chance to visit Birmingham city centre.
The Summer School 2019, will be from Thursday 4th to Friday 5th July 2019.
Students are advised to:
1. Pay online (with the approval of their parent/guardian) and record the booking reference number.
2. Complete the application form, including the booking reference number.
3. Post or send via email the signed application form to Linda Rogers. Her postal address is: School of Physics & Astronomy, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT
Please be aware that for the Residential Summer School, we do not accept bookings from schools. Bookings must be completed by students themselves, with the approval of their parent/guardian. Closing date for receiving applications is 20 May 2019.
For 2019, we will unfortunately not be able to use the student accommodation (Halls of Residence) for the overnight stay because our university students will still be using it. A suitable, local alternative will be found.