Global Health Research Network & The Institute For Global Innovation Networking Lunch
- CPD, Medical School, The Forum
- Wednesday 17 October 2018 (12:00-14:00)
Please confirm your attendance by Friday 5th October by emailing Nathaniel Byrne at N.Byrne@bham.ac.uk
Patient and Public Involvement in Low-and Middle-Income Countries
A free event, with lunch provided
- Welcome and Update from Dr Rachel Jordan, GHRN, and Prof Hisham Mehanna/David Evans, IGI
- Dr Anna Lavis, speaking about her experience as a Researcher developing bids with LMIC partners
- “Involving patients and the public in research in LMICs”—presentation and discussion by Gary Hickey and Sophie Staniszewska of INVOLVE
This is an opportunity to meet with other researchers doing or starting research in Global Health settings, develop new collaborations and partnerships, and hear about the latest funding opportunities and network with Research Support. It is open to any PI working or thinking about applying for funding in this area.
The meeting will provide:
- Links to Institute Global Health Champions
- Valuable information for winning funding
- Valuable information on setting up and conducting research overseas
We look forward to seeing you there!
Seminar Series: Wednesday Lunchtimes at the IGI
The IGI are pleased to invite you to our Wednesday lunchtime seminar series. Seminars are led by our theme leads, as well as external speakers. A buffet lunch is available from 12:00 with seminars between 12:30 and 13:30 followed by Q&A and networking opportunities.
All are welcome and are encouraged to promote seminars in their network and groups.