From the Ocean Deep - Family Fun Day
- Lapworth Museum of Geology - Earth Sciences Building (R4 on campus map)
- Life and Environmental Sciences
From the Ocean Deep
What mysteries do the ocean depths hold? How can they help us to understand our planets past, and protect our future? Join the Lapworth Museum and University of Birmingham Scientists from the International Ocean Discovery Program to uncover the mysteries of the deep!
Become a scientist and discover some of the world’s smallest creatures and learn what they can teach us about ancient environments in our ‘Foram Forage’. Hear Tales from the Deep as Scientists recount adventures on-board the JOIDES Resolution, get stuck into arts and crafts, and complete a Museum Trail. Activities range from performances to stories and much, much more!
- 10:30, 11:30, 14:30, 15:30 & 16:30: Story Time (suitable for under 5’s) Join Anna from the Lapworth Museum for our watery story time! (Active Earth Gallery)
- 10:00-12:30 & 13:30-16:30: Foram Forage (Education Room) Become a scientists and help to discover the world’s smallest creatures and find out what they can teach us!
- 11:30 & 14:30: Tales from the Deep (Education Room) Ever wondered what life on the Ocean is like? Hear tales from the JOIDES Resolution crew and get the chance to ask them questions about life on-board a research vessel.
- All day: Museum Trail, Arts and Crafts and much more.
All our activities are free of charge and first come first served - there is no need to book.