Terrific Tectonics - Family Fun Day
- Lapworth Museum of Geology - Earth Sciences Building (R4 on campus map)
- Life and Environmental Sciences
Join us on the 7th of August and discover just how active the Earth is!
Unearth our planet’s active history, examine the Earth’s structure and ponder at plate tectonics. Find out how the movement of tectonic plates relate to natural disasters like volcanoes and earthquakes!
Activities range from stories, talks, trails and craft activities. Make an earthquake proof building and test it on our wobble boards!
- 11:00 & 13:30 Story Time (all ages) [Active Earth Gallery]
- 12:00 & 14:30 Join Aerona (Museum’s Learning Officer) for a talk on ‘Terrific Tectonics’, find out about the inner workings of our planet! (suitable for 5+) [Education Room]
Throughout the day:
- Make your own Earthquake proof building! Drop in activity (all ages)[Education Room
- Museum Trail (all ages)[Pick up a trail at Museum reception]
- Arts & Crafts activities Make your own volcano and more! (all ages)[Jurassic Sea area]
All our activities are free of charge and first come first served - there is no need to book.