Below is information about what you need to bring, and what the centre provides. Please make sure you follow the instructions.
You do not need to buy any new equipment or outfits for your trip.
You SHOULD bring:
- A towel and personal toiletries.
- Several changes of clothes to use (such as activewear you don’t mind becoming muddy or wet).
- A swimming costume/underwear to wear under wetsuits as you may choose a water-based activity.
- Casual clothes to wear around the Centre when activities have finished.
- A jumper, or fleece to provide a warmer layer of clothing.
- Thick socks that you can wear inside of walking boots.
- Training shoes to wear that you don’t mind getting muddy or wet.
- Sufficient supply of any medication you normally take e.g. for managing asthma, or diabetes.
- Shoes for wearing indoors such as flip flops/sliders, slippers, or plimsolls.
The weather is known to change quickly in the Lake District - bring the following:
- A woolly hat, gloves, a warm coat, sufficient layers.
- A sunhat, sunscreen, and sunglasses.
These will be useful regardless of season - it might be cold at the top of a mountain in August, or sunny in January!
You DO NOT need to bring:
- Bedding and laundry
- Outdoor equipment such as walking boots, waterproofs, wetsuits, buoyancy aids, wellies etc. The centre has a fully stocked equipment room.
You do not need to buy any new equipment or outfits for the trip. However, you are welcome to bring your own walking boots and waterproofs provided you already own them.