Association for German Studies in Great Britain and Ireland Travel Grants
- Level of study
- Doctoral research, Postgraduate research masters
- Ireland, UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
The Association for German Studies invites applications for travel grants intended to assist postgraduate members in travelling abroad to carry out research for their thesis or give a paper directly related to their area of study.
Value of Award
Travel grant of up to £500 (or equivalent in euros), contributing to the costs of reasonable and necessary travel and/or accommodation.
The following criteria of eligibility apply:
- Applicants must have been a fully paid-up member of the AGS for at least three months by the time their application is submitted.
- Applicants must be registered at a university in Great Britain or Ireland for a postgraduate research degree on a topic related to German Studies.
- Members who have already received a travelling scholarship from the AGS will not normally be considered for a second award.
How to Apply
An application statement of no more than 250 words (in either Word or PDF format) should be sent to Vice-President Professor Peter Davies via email at Peter.J.Davies@ed.ac.uk.
The statement should contain the following details:
- The name and contact details of the applicant.
- The applicant’s thesis topic or title; the institution at which it is registered; and the full name of the supervisor.
- Details of the research or paper, its significance, and its relevance to the applicant’s thesis.
- The timing of the trip and a costed breakdown of the items for which the applicant is seeking support.
- Details of any other funding for the trip which the applicant has applied for or obtained. Applicants should note that the AGS encourages them also to seek funding from other bodies.
Please note: the deadlines for applications are 15th January and 15th of August each year.