Founded in a great and cosmopolitan city, the University of Birmingham nurtures the international dimensions of its research, learning and teaching activities, embracing a genuinely international culture and outlook.
As one of the leading research universities in the United Kingdom, Birmingham commands a strong and distinctive international reputation for the quality of its educational provision, the impact of its research and its service to society.
In further developing our international profile and reputation, the University places particular emphasis upon -
- Producing research of international impact and significance, shaping the ways in which the world is seen and understood
- Welcoming the most able students, teachers, and researchers from across the world, and celebrating diversity in culture and perspective
- Enabling students and staff to engage international cultures to further their personal and professional development
- Educating students to become informed and responsible citizens and supporting them as alumni to make leading contributions internationally
- Promoting partnership with international universities, funding bodies and other private and public organisations including through our participation in the Erasmus+ programme
- Supporting the social, cultural and economic interests of the city and region through the University’s international expertise and engagement