City-REDI Fringe Event - DEVO Question Time: What will the Northern Powerhouse and Midlands Engine do for you?
- Austin Court, Birmingham (Next to the ICC – B1 2NP), Lodges 1 and 2
- Research, Social Sciences
City-REDI is co-hosting Devo Question Time fringe events at the Labour and Conservative Party conferences this year, and we have a good panel of speakers.
These high-profile events give you an opportunity to ask your question to prospective Mayoral candidates as well as to debate where devolution is – and should be – headed, now Theresa May is Prime Minister, Philip Hammond is Chancellor and Sajd Javid is at CLG.
Devo Question Time will be the devolution fringe at each of this year’s party conferences. Please don’t miss the opportunity to quiz the Mayoral candidates on their respective visions and priorities, including whether this marks a new dawn both for prosperity and political engagement, as well as discuss what the devolution revolution means for England’s cities and counties in a post-Brexit, post-Cameron world.
- Cllr Sean Anstee, Leader of Trafford Council (Greater Manchester)
- Cllr Tim Warren, Leader of Bath and NE Somerset Council (West of England)
- Cllr Rob Waltham, Deputy Leader of North Lincolnshire County Council (Greater Lincolnshire)
- Dan Corry, Chief Executive, New Philanthropy Capital
- Professor John Bryson, Director, City REDI
- Tim Hawkins, Corporate Affairs Director, Manchester Airport Group
- Gill Morris, Chief Executive, Devo Connect
Event to be chaired by Dr Adam Marshall, Acting Director General at the British Chambers of Commerce.