Sustainable Future in the City: Student Competition
- Edgbaston Park Hotel 53 Edgbaston Park Road Birmingham B15 2RS
- Friday 25 October 2019 (11:00-15:00)
Students are invited to come up with ideas about how to improve the responsible business eco-efficiency in the city of Birmingham.
One of the main current challenges is that local businesses need to create more value with less environmental impact: seizing opportunities to innovate and to enhance competitiveness through better use of physical, human, and financial resources, while meeting growing customer demand for more environmentally and socially acceptable goods and services.
Who can apply?
Any registered student at the University of Birmingham or a group of up to 3 students
What is required?
20 min presentation on 25 October to a selection committee.
Entries will be accepted from 10:00 on 30 September to 23:59 on 18 October 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be determined by October 19th 2019. All shortlisted candidates will be invited to present their entry in front of the selection committee on October 25th 2019.
Prize: The winner or the winning team will receive a prize of £1,000.
Prize will be announced at the end of the event on 25 October 2019.
If you decide to take part, the following questions should be answered in your presentation:
- What is the main problem you are trying to solve?
- What is your solution?
- What is the underlying business model?
- How does your solution incorporate new technology & methods such as data science, AI, analytics?
- What is your target audience?
- How would you convince different diverse groups within Birmingham to adopt your solution?
Submit your entry here.
Register via Eventbrite to join the audience on the day.
Note that all shortlisted candidates will be registered for this event automatically.
This event is part of the Urban Festival & Art of Happiness Photographic Exhibition.