Chemical Engineering Excellence Scholarship
The school of Chemical Engineering is happy to be able to recognise and reward our top incoming Overseas students to celebrate your academic achievements before arriving as a student at the University of Birmingham. The Chemical Engineering Excellence Scholarship consists of a £3000 bank transfer or tuition fee reduction during year 1 semester 1 for the top 10 students who meet the conditions below.
Applicants will be ranked on:
- Maths and Chemistry A Level (or equivalent other qualifications*) grades.
- Overall A Level or other equivalent qualification grades.
- Enthusiasm and understanding of Chemical Engineering demonstrated on UCAS application
No application is required, all those who meet the conditions above will be contacted by the end of welcome week 2022. Holders of this award become eligible for the Chemical Engineering First Class Scholarship after year 1, which is applied in the form of a £1500 tuition fee discount.
Students will be considered by the Chemical Engineering Admissions Team and those who demonstrate excellent exam results and an enthusiasm and understanding of the subject are most likely to be successful.
To be eligible for this award you must
- Be classified as international for fees on your acceptance to the university.
- Be accepted to one of the following courses for year 1 entry in 2022 after placing it as firm choice in UCAS
To claim a First Class scholarship in your subsequent years of study you must:
- Have been awarded an Excellence Scholarship in your first year of study.
- Achieve 70% year average at the first attempt in your previous year of study.
- Renewal will pause for years spent in industrial study or intercalated study and will restart during your return to study at in School of Chemical Engineering at Birmingham based on the performance from the year before your year out.
* Conversion from other qualification systems is calculated internally by the university, to enquire about your qualifications, please contact email@example.com
Please see the University's funding database for details of other centrally-administered scholarships.