From Exclusion to Inclusion: How to Transform Autism Education
- Birmingham, Cannon Hill, MAC Centre
- Research, Social Sciences
Learn about the Transform Education Project, a collaboration between Greece, Italy and the UK which aims to set up teacher training programmes in order to facilitate the inclusion of autistic children in mainstream primary schools.
The key note address will be given by Barry Sheerman, MP for Huddersfield and campaigner for better support for autistic individuals. Presentations on different aspects of inclusion, exclusion and the project itself will be given by:
This event is free. Musician and composer Anya Ustaszewski will present some of her own compositions. There will also be a display of original artwork by autistic children and adults. This event is of interest to teachers, school leaders, support staff and students and researchers in the field of autism research.
- Dr Damian Milton: Stress, anxiety and the exclusion of autistic pupils.
- Dr Karen Guldberg: How the TAE project facilitates the inclusion of autistic children in mainstream primary schools.
- Dr Catriona Stewart: Cygnets to swans - supporting girls on the spectrum in the education setting from primary school on.
- Barney Angliss: Exclusion in a European context and the role of teacher training in inclusive practices.