- 2 October: Book talk: Street Archives and City Life: Popular Intellectuals in Postcolonial Tanzania. Emily Callaci, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 9 October: The aged, the infirm and the effeminate: Rhetorical strategies in election rally songs from Lesotho and Nigeria. Chris Dunton, National University Lesotho
- 23 October: Title tbc. Eyob Balcha Gebremariam, London School of Economics
- 30 October: Cruise ships and containers: towards a literary geography of the Caribbean port. Patricia Noxolo, University of Birmingham
- 13 November: The arts of oil: a cultural history of Port Harcourt. David Pratten, University of Oxford
- 20 November: Book talk: Tales of hope, tastes of bitterness: Chinese road builders in Ethiopia. Miriam Driessen, University of Oxford
- 27 November: Late Postcoloniality: The Postcolonial Condition in 21st Century Portuguese-speaking Africa.
Emanuelle Santos, University of Birmingham.
- 4 December: Book talk: Nairobi in the Making : Landscapes of Time and Urban Belonging. Constance Smith, University of Manchester
- 11 December: 'You Have to Have Someone': Domestic Service, Gender and Economic Decline in Zambia
Sacha Hepburn, University of Warwick
Location and time
All talks will take place in the Danford Room on the second floor of the Arts building at 17:00-18:00.