- Aston Webb Dome Lecture Theatre (A Block)
- Arts and Law, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Research
A cross-stream event on “Normality” with Professor Peter Cryle and Professor Elizabeth Stephens (both University of Queensland, Aus), authors of Normality: A Critical Genealogy.
In this interactive session, Professors Cryle and Stephens will present some of the central ideas underpinning and issuing from their celebrated book.
Each author will give two, 15-minute, presentations with audience comments and debate invited after each presentation:
- Elizabeth: “Critical Genealogy as Method: Disciplinary Approaches”
- Peter: “The Normal before the Normal: A Few Different Beginnings”
- Peter: A Very Brief History of Governmental Normalisation”
- Elizabeth: “The Popular History of the Normal”
Organised by Professor Lisa Downing, Department of Modern Languages.