The module will explore the main debates in the neuro-cognitive research of emotions. It will focus on evidence from a variety of research methods including behavioural, neuroimaging and neuropsychological studies.
- Are bodily responses the core or the consequence of emotions, the role of the insula?
- The relation between emotion and cognition, the role of amygdala
- How many emotions do we have?
- Are emotions universal or culture specific?
- How do we know what another feels?
- The interaction between amygdale
- 11 x two-hour lectures
- 6 x two-hour seminars
- Student-led Seminar (25%)
- Research Design and Grant Proposal Coursework (2,000 words; 50%)
- Peer-review of Grant Proposals (1,000 words; 25%)