Birmingham Workshops in Philosophy: Semantics and Pragmatics
- Arts building - lecture room 5
- Friday 22 November 2013 (11:00-18:00)
The presentations of this workshop all address the very basic questions of philosophy of language. The workshop is the second event in our department's new Birmingham Workshops in Philosophy series.
- 11am Alex Silk (Birmingham): "Discourse Contextualism: A Framework for Contextualist Semantics and Pragmatics"
- 2pm Stephen Neale (Birmingham, CUNY): “Implicit Reference”
- 4pm Deirdre Wilson (UCL): “Communication and Speaker's Meaning: What's the difference, and does it matter?”
This event is free and open to all. For more information, please Professor Scott Sturgeon (email@example.com).