Working with People with Hoarding Behaviours
- Lecture Room 6 - Arts Building, University of Birmingham
- Social Sciences
This half day will look at the complexities of working with people who have Hoarding Behaviours.
Through case studies and lecture input participants will:
- Develop their knowledge of the reasons why people hoard and their relationships to their belongings.
- Increase their confidence when working with clients through better understanding.
- Enhance their skills for developing creative person centred approaches when supporting clients.
- Deepen their understanding by being able to ask a person with lived experience questions
Speaker: Heather Matuozzo – Founder of Clouds End CIC
Heather Matuozzo founded the first social enterprise dedicated to working with people with hoarding issues, training in hoarding awareness and raising awareness wherever possible. Heather, through Clouds End, works with many local authorities up and down the UK. She uses her one to one experiences to illustrate how to work with people who hoard. She has been a consultant to the BBC and appeared in two series of Britain’s Biggest Hoarders and often talks on the radio. She runs three support groups in Solihull and Birmingham and has developed a book to use with support groups. Clouds End CIC sponsors the website www.hoardingawarenessweek.org.uk which has some free resources.
Attendance is free, but online registration is required.