Fawcett, B., Fillingham, J., River, D., Smojkis, M. and Ward, N. (2018) Service User and Carer Involvement in Health and Social Care: A Retrospective and Prospective Analysis Palgrave Macmillan
River, D., Thakoordin, J. and Billing, L. (Dec 2016) Creativity in Social Work Education and Practice: Reflections on a Survivor Arts Project Social Work Education: The International Journal http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02615479.2016.1266320
Matka, E., River, D., Littlechild, R. and Powell, T. (Dec 2009), Involving Service Users and Carers in Admissions for Courses in Social Work and Clinical Psychology: cross-disciplinary comparisons of practices at the University of Birmingham. British Journal of Social Work, advanced online access 13 Dec 2009. https://academic.oup.com/bjsw/article-abstract/40/7/2137/1699593?redirectedFrom=fulltext
Humphreys, C., Regan, L., River, D. and Thiara, R.K. (2005) Domestic Violence and Substance Use: Tackling Complexity British Journal of Social Work 35, 1303-1320 https://academic.oup.com/bjsw/article-abstract/35/8/1303/1659012
Humphreys, C., River, D. and Thiara, R.K. (2004) Domestic Violence and Substance Misuse Services – Mind the Gap. Interim Report for the Drug Strategy Directorate at the Greater London Authority, Home Office.
River, D., Price, G. and Roberts, P. (2018: 57-75) ‘This Could Be Rotterdam (or anywhere): Working in partnership with service users and carers on an international exchange programme’ in Fawcett, B. et al Service User and Carer Involvement in Health and Social Care: A Retrospective and Prospective Analysis Palgrave Macmillan
River, D., Jenkins, H. and Lowe, T.K. (2018: 87-108) ‘Arts-based Practice: Learning from Survivor Artists’ in Fawcett, B. et al Service User and Carer Involvement in Health and Social Care: A Retrospective and Prospective Analysis Palgrave Macmillan
River, D. (2008), Review of 'Making an Impact: Children and Domestic Violence: A Reader Second Edition', in Journal of Social Welfare and Family LawVol. 30 Issue 3 pp 270-272.
- ‘Queer Brexit: the migrant experience’ (2018) Institute for Research into Superdiversity (IRiS) International Conference Racial Displacements: Peripheries, Camps, Resistance, Birmingham.
- ‘Queer Brexit’ (2018) 4th InternationalEast Meets West Conference Faces of Modern Diversity, Vienna.
- ‘Coproducing knowledge through international exchange’ (2018) Higher Education Authority Annual Conference Teaching in the spotlight: Learning from global communities, Aston.
- ‘Teabags and Teacups: an arts-based research approach investigating personal and professional wellbeing within the context of working well in Higher Education’ (2018) Working Well in Higher Education Conference , Birmingham.
- ‘Walking for Wellbeing and Community Integration: Informing Professional Practice through Community-based Research’ (2017) Global Perspective on Research Co-Production Conference, Institute for Research into Superdiversity University of Birmingham and Melbourne Social Equity Institute University of Melbourne.
- ‘What Role can the Arts Play in Working Well in Higher Education?’ (2017) Wellbeing in Higher Education Conference, Nottingham.
- ‘Survivor Arts: Creativity in Social Work Education and Practice’ (2014) Joint Social Work Education Council Research Conference Making Connections, Holloway.
- ‘Working in Partnership on an International Exchange Project’ (2009) Rebuilding Social Work Conference: Sharing Good Practice in service User Involvement in Social Work Education, London.
- ‘Learning through International Exchange’ (2008) International Association of Schools of Social Work Biannual Conference Transcending Global Divides, Durban.
- ‘Nothing About Us Without Us: Service user and carer involvement in social work programmes’ (2007) Centre of Excellence in Interdisciplinary Mental Health Conference Making Service User and Carer Involvement the Norm, Birmingham.
- ‘The Involvement of Service Users and Carers in Admissions to Qualifying Social Work Programmes’ (2007) A Higher Voice Conference Involving People who use services and Carers in Social Work and Post Qualifying education, Walsall.
View all publications in research portal