“I could customise the degree by picking modules which would further my career ambition of a secondary school PE teacher.”
Why I chose Birmingham
- The University of Birmingham has a growing and strong reputation as a Russel Group University
- The course was top in the country.
Why my course stood out to me
- I could customise the degree by picking modules which would further my career ambition of a secondary school PE teacher.
- Expert lectures in their respective fields.
My personal highlight
- Going to Coniston (Raymond Priestley Centre) in first year; met friends for life and had a lot of fun doing outdoor and adventurous activities
In the video above Jonny tells us why he chose to study at the University of Birmingham
Living in Birmingham
- Everything you need is at your nearest convenience: 4 supermarkets; 5 pubs; variety of restaurants within close proximity to accommodation.
- Having two train stations (Selly Oak and University) allows quick and easy access into Birmingham City Centre.
- University gives you a sense of independence and freedom; it has allowed me to develop as a person, which I could not do at home.
Clubs or societies I've been involved in
- I was 4th Captain of the men’s Rugby Union side (current year)
- Student Ambassador for the School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences
- President of the SPEX society (current year)
My aspirations for the future
- Secondary School PE teacher.
- Doctorate in Sport Pedagogy and Physical Education; researcher and lecturer.
My top tips for prospective Birmingham students
- “Work hard, play hard”
- Get stuck in try out lots of different things; University is more than a degree is about developing yourself for life.