Select recent publications
1. Parry, B. J., Holland, M. J. G., Thompson, J. L., & Cumming, J. (2021). Promoting Personal Growth in Young People Experiencing Homelessness through an outdoors-based program. Journal of Youth Development (in press).
2. Goodyear VA, G Wood, B Skinner, and JL Thompson. The effect of social media interventions on physical activity and dietary behaviours in young people and adults: a systematic review. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity (in press).
3. Shad, B.J., Thompson, J.L., McKendry, J., Holwerda, A.M., Elhassan, Y.S., Breen, L., van Loon, L.J.C., and Wallis, G.A. Daily Myofibrillar Protein Synthesis Rates in Response to Low- and High-Frequency Resistance Exercise Training in Healthy, Young Men. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism. Advance online publication 18 February 2021, https://doi.org/10.1123/ijsnem.2020-0274.
4. Parry B, ML Quinton, MGJ Holland, JL Thompson, and J Cumming. Improving Outcomes in Young People Experiencing Homelessness with My Strengths Training for Life™ (MST4Life™): A Qualitative Realist Evaluation. Children and Youth Services Review. Available online 10 December 2020, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2020.105793.
5. Rodrigues B, EA Asamane, R Magalhães, N Sousa, JL Thompson, NC Santos. The association of dietary patterns with cognition through the lens of neuroimaging – a systematic review. Ageing Research Reviews, 2020, 63:101145. DOI: 10.1016/j.arr.2020.101145.
6. Asamane EA, Greig CA, and Thompson JL. The association between nutrient intake, nutritional status and physical function of community-dwelling, ethnically diverse older adults: A longitudinal study. BMC Nutrition, 2020, 6:36. https://bmcnutr.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40795-020-00363-6.
7. Solomon-Moore E, Salway R, Emm-Collison L, Thompson JL, Sebire SJ, Lawlor DA, and Jago R. Associations of body mass index, physical activity and sedentary time with blood pressure in primary school children from south-west England: a prospective study. PLoS One, 2020, 15(4): e0232333. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0232333.
8. Shvedko A, JL Thompson, CA Greig, and AC Whittaker. Physical Activity Intervention for Loneliness (PAIL) in community-dwelling older adults: a randomized feasibility study. Pilot and Feasibility Studies, 2020, 6:73. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40814-020-00587-0.
9. Asamane, EA, CA Greig, and JL Thompson. Social networks and their influences on nutrient intake, nutritional status and physical function in community-dwelling ethnically diverse older adults: A mixed-methods longitudinal study. BMC Public Health, 2020, 20:1011. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-020-09153y.
Withall J, Greaves C, Thompson JL
, de Koning J, Bollen J, Moorlock S, Fox K, Western M, Snowsill T, Medina-Lara A, Cross R, Ladlow P, Taylor G, Zisi V, Clynes J, Grey S, Agyapong-Badu S, Guralnik J, Rejeski WJ, Stathi A. The tribulations of trials: Lessons learnt recruiting 777 older adults into REtirement in ACTion (REACT) a community, group-based active ageing intervention targeting mobility disability. Journal of Gerontology: Series A
, 2020, glaa051, doi.org/10.1093/gerona/glaa051.
View all publications in research portal