- Levels: Beginner and Advanced
- Only available if you are taking one or two other languages. If the Translation minor is taken, Russian is only available alongside another advanced language.
We pride ourselves on producing some of the best graduates in Russian in the UK. Russian is one of the key languages employers seek as UK firms move to increase trade links in former Soviet states.
Russian Studies at Birmingham offers a vibrant and supportive atmosphere to Students, a friendly community where staff and students work together to create an intellectually stimulating and enjoyable environment in which you can study to your full potential.
Together with our colleagues in the Centre for Russian, European and Eurasian Studies, we conduct a wide-range of funded research, such as:
- Russian modernist and postmodernist literature;
- Genre Studies;
- The role of new media – such as social media internet and blogging in Russia and beyond;
- Ethnographic work on identity, class and consumption after socialism.