- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
The University of Birmingham is a Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS) Delivery Site, one of 31 delivery sites across the country.
TASS is a Sport England funded partnership between talented athletes, education institutions and national governing bodies of sport.
The Scheme provides support to talented student-athletes that are in full-time education, aged 16-25. This award aims to help selected dual career individuals find and manage the balance between their sporting and academic careers, by providing them the access to additional support services such as Strength & Conditioning, Physiotherapy and Performance Lifestyle.
TASS is an external scholarship programme, meaning individuals are nominated for an award by their National Governing Body (NGB) and then assigned to a delivery site if successful.
Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis.
Value of Award
A TASS Scholarship will offer the following:
- Access to specialist support services (Physiotherapy, Lifestyle, Strength & Conditioning, Psychology, Nutrition)
- A designated mentor
- Access to training facilities
- Additional funding to subsidise sport-related costs such as coaching, competition and equipment
- Access to a series of educational workshops.
TASS scholars may study in any subject. In order to be considered for a TASS scholarship, you must be achieving national recognition in a sport at U18 level as a minimum.
A variety of Sport England-recognised sports and disciplines are considered, including Paralympic, winter and summer sports.
How to Apply
Nominations usually take place between July and September. For further details please visit the TASS website or contact your National Governing Body (NGB).
0121 414 9773