Student Experience Officer (School of Languages, Cultures, Art History & Music)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 (0)121 414 4734
- Ashley Building G05 (ground floor)
- Working days: Tuesday-Thursday
As Student Experience Officer in the School of Languages, Cultures, Art History and Music (LCAHM), my role to ensure that our students are fully supported across a wide range of academic and non-academic initiatives and that they have the best possible experience during their time here at university.
A Brummie by birth, I graduated in Librarianship with French, followed by a PGCE, from Brighton University. I relocated back to Birmingham in September 2019, having previously been a Student Experience Coordinator at Sussex University for over ten years.
I work on a wide variety of projects, initiatives and events to enhance the student experience in LCAHM and to further develop an inclusive student community, such as:
- Supporting student induction and transition through Welcome and beyond
- Organising displays and events commemorating specific events, for example - Diwali, Rosa Parks’ Day, Chinese New Year
- Working with the School’s student societies to organise cultural events, language exchange and ‘buddy’ schemes
- Keeping regular contact with Year Abroad (YA) students
- Running competitions – such as a monthly photo competition for our YA students
- Ensuring that the student voice is heard by sitting on the Staff Student Forums
- Engaging with Student Reps via formal and informal feedback sessions
- Analysing student survey data (for example, the NSS) to enhance the student voice and develop new initiatives
- Supporting employability-related events
I am keen to receive ideas, questions and feedback from students, so please to get in touch by email, or pop by my office in Ashley.